Sunday, March 17, 2019

Monday, March 18 - 40 Days Luke

Monday, March 18, 2019 
Forgiveness 

The founder of the Methodist movement, John Wesley, had a habit within his own small group, The Holy Club, of having the members ask self-examination questions.  There were 21 questions and one of the questions was: Do I thank God that I am not like others?  This can be a challenging question because it demands that we recognize in ourselves the habit of minimizing our sins and maximizing someone else’s sins.  As you read today think about how Wesley’s question relates to the passage.  

Read: Luke 7:36-50



Questions to Consider:
1.     Do I thank God that I am not like others? 
2.    Do I need to go to God to ask for forgiveness for something I have been holding inside? 
3.    Do I need to offer forgiveness to someone in my life? 
4.   Am I withholding forgiveness from someone in my life? 

Interested in learning more about Wesley’s 21 Questions?  Click on this linkto preview a great book!  

Activity for the Day:  Forgive someone who you are withholding forgiveness from OR accept forgiveness from someone who has wronged you. 

Blessings, 

Kristyne 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Rest, Renew, Refocus

Rest, Renew, Refocus YouTube Link  - Don't forget to Subscribe to our Channel Facebook Link  - Don't forget to Like the...