Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday, March 28 - 40 Days

Thursday, March 28, 2019 
Inside Out 

Last year at Annual Conference I was up early to go to the Clergy Women’s Breakfast.  I dressed in blue jeans and a nice shirt and got in my car.  When I arrived at the location of the breakfast I met my clergy women friends and noticed they were all wearing dresses or nice pants.  I was a little worried, but thought, surly there will be other women dressed in blue jeans.  When I walked into the room where the breakfast was being held I looked around the room and no one and I mean no one was wearing blue jeans.  Every single woman had on a dress or dress pants.  I couldn’t believe it.  I was so concerned with how I looked on the outside that I forgot that I was in the room full of clergy women.   The breakfast was not about what we looked like on the outside, it was about who we were on the inside and about our relationship with God and with each other.  

Read: Luke 11:14-54



Questions to Consider:
1.     Do you every get caught up in outward when the inward should be the focus?    
2.    Have you ever had someone exclude you because of what you looked like or how you were dressed?  If yes, how did you feel.  If no, how do you think you would have felt?  
3.    How can you work to look past the outward and to work more on your own inward?  

Activity for the Day:  The Means of Grace are important (click hereto see a list).  Share in the Facebook Grouphow you have practiced the Means of Grace.  

Blessings, 

Kristyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Rest, Renew, Refocus

Rest, Renew, Refocus YouTube Link  - Don't forget to Subscribe to our Channel Facebook Link  - Don't forget to Like the...