Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday, March 9 - 40 Days Luke

Saturday, March 9, 2019 
A Community

It’s Saturday!  For those of you who are retired I am wondering if Saturday is much different from any other day of the week.  For me Saturday is my Sabbath.  Each Saturday my family focuses on rest and renewal.  I am especially happy that on this day of rest I was able to read the Christmas Story.  While you are reading I encourage you to take notes in your Bible or your journal.  If you are using a Study Bible I encourage you to read the text without reading the notes, at least the first time through. After the first reading, then take a look at the notes.  Finally, I encourage you to not watch the video until after you have done your reading. 

Read Luke 2:1-52, making notes in your journal or Bible.



Questions to Consider:
1.     What does it look like to have a community of people around you that you can trust?
2.    Have you ever become so comfortable in your church or life routine that you suddenly noticed that you had left Jesus behind?  
3.    What happened when you found Jesus again?  

Activity for the Day:  Today is the day for you to join our short term community found on Facebook. Click hereto be directed to the Facebook Group. This is a group is only for members of this study.  It is a place for us to come together as a community.  A place for us to ask questions.  A place for us to share.  A place for us to grow.  If you are not on Facebook, I encourage you to find an accountability partner who you can walk with through Lent.  Someone you can share your thoughts and ideas with.  You can even email me directly with your questions, comments or aha moments. Whatever you decide to do, I just want to make sure you are engaging in a community about the things we are doing in this study.  

Blessings,

Kristyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Rest, Renew, Refocus

Rest, Renew, Refocus YouTube Link  - Don't forget to Subscribe to our Channel Facebook Link  - Don't forget to Like the...