Thursday, March 7, 2019

Wednesday, March 6 - Ash Wednesday - 40 Days Luke

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 – Ash Wednesday 

Welcome to Lent!  Welcome to 40 days in the Book of Luke!  




As I said in my welcome video, I am passionate about the Means of Grace and I want us all to grow in our ability to connect with and love God. Elaine Heath, in her book Five Means of Gracesays that the Means of Grace are “a pathway for her to encounter the healing, peaceful, loving presence of God.”  Our goal during this study is to develop a daily habit of Bible reading. Throughout this study we will also learn about the other Means of Grace and how to incorporate them into our lives.  

As a reminder, each day you will receive an email from Pastor Jim or myself.  Each email will include a reading assignment, a video to watch, some questions for you to consider and a daily activity for you to complete.  If you ever have any questions during the study or do not receive your daily email, please email me at kyoung@ncumcfl.com.  

If you do not have a Bible yet, today is the day to go and get one. 

·     If you are new to reading the Bible I would encourage that you read from the NLT (New Living Translation).  If you have been reading the Bible for a while I suggest that you read from the NRSV (New Revised Standard Version).  
·     You might want to use a Study Bible.  I enjoy usingThe HarperCollins Study Bible(NRSV), the New Interpreter’s Study Bible(NRSV) or Life Application Study Bible(NLT)

Your activity for today is to watch this link about Lent and then to attend our Ash Wednesday service at 6pm.  If you woke up early there may still be time swing by Lake Deaton in your golf cart or car for drive-thru ashes.  Pastor Jim and I will be out on the golf cart path and in the parking lot starting at 7am until 8:30am.  I am truly excited about this journey we are taking together.  

Blessings, 

Kristyne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Rest, Renew, Refocus

Rest, Renew, Refocus YouTube Link  - Don't forget to Subscribe to our Channel Facebook Link  - Don't forget to Like the...