Sunday, March 17, 2019

Tuesday, March 19 - 40 Days Luke

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 
Shine Your Light

When I was a little girl my favorite Sunday School song was This Little Light of Mine.  I think I liked this song best because of the hand movements that went with the words.  When I started working at New Covenant UMC as their Children’s Director one of my favorite things to do was to sing and dance with the kids on Wednesday at our after-school program.  Now, God has not gifted me with the ability to sing on key or to dance in time with music, but the wonderful thing about children is that they DO NOT CARE! Wednesday afternoon was my day to worship, not just with my mind, or voice, but with my whole body.    One of my favorite songs to sing with the kids was, of course, This Little Light of Mine.  Click on this linkto hear an upbeat version of this classic and maybe in the privacy of your home you might get up and sing and dance for God.    

Read: Luke 8:1-25



Questions to Consider:
1.     If you went to church as a child what was your favorite thing?  What is your favorite thing about church today?  How might you share your favorite things about church with people who don’t go to church? 
2.    Do you find that you are ever tempted to hid your light? Why? 
3.    Pastor Jim says we should fly our Jesus flags everywhere we go.  How might you do this in a natural way?

Activity for the Day:  Do something to purposefully shine your light into the community.  Share your ideas in the Facebook Group

Blessings, 

Kristyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - Rest, Renew, Refocus

Rest, Renew, Refocus YouTube Link  - Don't forget to Subscribe to our Channel Facebook Link  - Don't forget to Like the...